1.1 Discussion: Devotional – Ethics in the Marketplace
- Read Matthew 21:12-13 in the Bible.
- From this account in Matthew, which was also recorded in Luke 19 and Mark 11, and in Jeremiah 7, we see merchants who were unscrupulous in their dealings through inaccurate scales.
- You have identified a company or industry of interest during your degree program. Please consider those dishonest tactics as they relate to your company or industry of interest as you answer the following questions in 150-250 words.
- Where do we see the possibility of similar questionable tactics in your company or industry of interest?
1.2 Exercise: Product or Service Category Selection
- This is a post-only discussion where you will indicate the product category that you will use for this consultant’s report which is produced as a progressive paper throughout the course.
Topic – U.S. based micro loan provider. This will be a 1000-word (+/- 50 word) initial analysis and/or proposal as indicated for that section. This will be written and prepared in final form regarding writing and quantitative analysis, ready for the client.
1.3 Discussion: Research-based Marketing Plan Initial Proposal – Product Differentiation and Positioning
- You will submit a market analysis to JGJ, Inc. of 1000 words (+/- 50 words) using at least 4 credible and objective sources not provided as resources in the course in your analysis, plus at least one source provided in the course reading list.
- You should have no more than 100 words describing the concept of differentiation and positioning. The paper should focus on the application of the concepts through an applied analysis of the target category.
- Use these seven titles from the Market Analysis Report Template to create seven sections for this part of the consultant’s report:
- Current annual sales volume in dollars and/or units sold in the market
- Current competitors and their offerings, including points of differentiation for each offering indicating how they are positioned to each other in the market
- Current price points of competitors
- Projected overall market growth rate for the next five years
- Projected changes to overall pricing in the market for the next five years
- Recommended position and points of differentiation for the JGJ, Inc. offering
- Complete buyer profile of the target customer
- You must have at least one graphic of a positioning matrix indicating current offerings and the segment of the market that JGJ, Inc. will target. The graphic(s) may be attached as a file but the narrative write up must be posted in the main text box areas of the discussion.
- This first submission will also have a 100- to 150-word introduction to the market or product category to serve as an introduction for your peer and for the contract company. This is in addition to the 1000 words; it will not appear in future sections of the consultant’s report.
- Cite your work using current APA standards, however indenting of the references is not required due to the discussion board format. (See OCLS APA Writing Styles Guides) (https://ocls.indwes.edu/style_guide.html)