Using your text, Understanding Research Methods (topics 1 through 8), answer the following questions:
- What is the goal of research in the social sciences?
- How is theory defined?
- What is the difference between induction and deduction? Do researchers use induction or deduction to derive a hypothesis from a theory?
- What is the purpose of a non-experimental study? Are treatments given in non-experimental studies?
- In what type of study is random assignment used?
- Define causal-comparative research. Is it a type of experiment?
- Describe correlational research.
- Explain the difference between quantitative and qualitative research