Computer ethics is a rich topic that affects all of us in our interconnected world. To build good ethical judgment capabilities, Bynum and Rogerson (1) suggest applying a multi-staged approach to case study analysis where these stages are defined as: (1) detailing the case study, (2) identifying key ethical principles and specific ethical issues raised by the case, (3) calling on your experience and skills for evaluation, and (4) applying a systematic analysis technique. In this assignment, you will perform the first three of these steps for a case study.The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Examine the ethical considerations and dilemmas of a diverse and interconnected world.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Write a 3- to 5-page paper in which you analyze a computer ethics cases.Read the article entitled, “Your Botnet is My Botnet: Analysis of a Botnet Takeover,” about a team of researchers who reverse engineered the Torpig botnet, controlled it, and captured data.
- Describe the nature and details of the case, including the persons, organizations, and stakeholders involved.
- Describe ethical principles both supporting the actions of the principal actors (such as minimizing harm or damage to targets of the attacks) in a computer ethics case and contradicting the actions of the principal actors, citing specific, credible sources that support one’s assertions and conclusions.
- Explain why you agree or disagree with the actions of the principal actors in the case, citing specific, credible sources that support your position from an ethical perspective.
- Justify your position from an ethical perspective.
- Support your main points, assertions, arguments, or conclusions with at least three specific and credible academic references synthesized into a coherent analysis of the evidence.
- Cite each source listed on your references page at least one time within your assignment.
- For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
- Write clearly and concisely in a manner that is well-organized; grammatically correct; and nearly free of spelling, typographical, formatting, and/or punctuation errors.
- Use section headers in your paper to clearly delineate your main topics.