Post with a minimum of 250 words, post must contain at least (2) professional references, cited correctly in the current APA format. Ask 2 provocative questions to prompt online discussion using bold print at the end of your initial discussion.
Review the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) (2014) report about incidence and trends of foodborne illnesses website @ http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6315a3.htm?s_cid=mm6315a3_w (Links to an external site.).
- Identify examples of the epidemiological triad and transmission cycle.
- Discuss and examine principles of distribution.
- Locate examples of epidemiologic measures (count data, ratio, proportion, rate, incidence, and prevalence).
- Locate examples of descriptive epidemiology (person, place, time) and frequency.
- Discuss the purpose of this report. Name at least three ways that nurses can use these epidemiologic investigations and report findings.