- Read the case study: Rose is a 15-year-old girl who resides in a small remote village in a Sub-Saharan African country. She was married at 14 because her family arranged the marriage to be relieved of the burden of providing for her. She is pregnant with her first child. A predictive model has been developed to estimate the risk of maternal and fetal mortality that includes the following data points:
- Educational level
- Age at marriage
- Age at first pregnancy
2. What additional criteria would you include in the model to predict mortality for mother and baby and why are they important? Cite the research for including your criteria.
3. What would your plan be to:
- Deploy the predictive model for utilization.
- Mitigate the risk factors identified.
- Address social justice issues that need to be considered.
- Consider the potential return on investment both from a health outcome and, as much as possible, the financial return by implementing the predictive model.