Prior to beginning work on this assignment, watch the following videos How To Make A Good PowerPoint Presentation Links to an external site., Dealing With Objections Links to an external site., and How To Do A Good Presentation – 5 Steps To A Killer Opener
*****(Links to an external site are attached below)*****
One: Preparing for the Presentation presents information about developing the presentation. The preparatory actions include the following:
· Creating an argument,
· Appropriate casting,
· Creating a team,
· The importance of rehearsal,
· Opening the presentation,
· Visual aids, and
· Fielding the team.
Two: Closing to Win focuses on delivering the presentation. Critical areas associated with delivering the presentation include the following:
· Managing the presentation flow,
· Delivering a compelling close,
· Coping with objections,
· Taking appropriate post presentation actions, and
· Negotiating effectively.
While reflecting on the material offered in the videos: Presentation Skills Course and developing your paper, consider prior learning and prior work experience, in addition to the material presented. Do not reject the offered principles out of hand. Support acceptance or rejection of the offered principles with critical thinking and sound reasoning.
Reflect on situations presented in which a member of the presentation team had an emergency on the day of the presentation. The emergency was such that the team member is unable to deliver her part of the presentation. The solution proposed is to advise the team to explain the situation to the potential client and ask for a rescheduled presentation date.
Create a summarized presentation problem contingency plan for the following issues:
· Audience members appear bored and uninterested in the presentation.
· Audience members frequently interrupt the presentation with objections.
· Audience members allude to the inconvenience they experienced because of the rescheduled presentation.
· Audience members ask probing questions the presentation team is unprepared to answer.
Limit contingency summaries to no more than two paragraphs per contingency and one paragraph per identified concern.
In your paper,
· Appraise the value or lack of value associated with asking for a presentation to be rescheduled because of an emergency.
· Frame your response with likely client reactions to the reschedule request.
· Determine three areas of concern the potential client might have based upon the reschedule request.
Presentation Skills Course: Coping With Emergencies paper
· Must be five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA format.
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
· Must utilize academic voice.
· Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
· Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style